Golden Milk Oatmeal
Jill de Jong
Head of Health coach
Eating oatmeal for breakfast is a healthy choice, but it can also be plain and boring. Making oatmeal yummy and satisfying is simple, here is how you can upgrade your oatmeal instantly.
1)Make oatmeal with your favorite milk, not water- or do 50/50 It makes it creamy and more filling.
2) Pick rolled oats or steel cut oats instead of quick oats/ instant oats. It’s healthier, less processed.
3) Add a healthy fat like nuts or a nut-butter
4) Cut up some fruit or use some other toppings to finish it off.
And we like to take it up a notch by adding our superfood Teatis Tea CALM powder to the mix! The delicious turmeric and ginger flavors compliment the creaminess and sweetness so well. Give it a try!
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cups Almond milk
- 1 tsp CALM Teatis Tea powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
The liquid to oat ratio for oatmeal when using old fashioned rolled oats is easy to remember: 2:1. Whatever measurement of oats you use, you’ll need double the amount of liquid.
- Put the oats and almond milk and salt in a small saucepan. Turn the heat on to medium and stir it frequently until all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are softened. (check direction on packaging for cooking time)
- Stir in the the CALM powder until it’s smooth and golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the almond butter, pecans, coconut chips. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy every bite of it.
Arame seaweed is what makes our tea blends unique.Enjoy the health benefits it provides!
Teatis Tea contains 500mg Extracted Arame seaweed in every cup. Seaweed polyphenols are reported to effectively block fat and sugar absorption and lower blood sugar levels in clinical studies. Enjoy perfect golden milk or macha latte with Teatis Tea CALM&AWAKE blend. Vibrant you!