Superfood Chocolate Truffles
Jill de Jong
Head of Health coach
Traditionally chocolate truffles are made with a chocolate filling and coated in chocolate, cocoa powder or chopped toasted nuts. We are honoring some of that tradition in this recipe but we are upgrading it with wholesome ingredients and dusting it with Teatis Tea superfood powders. Get ready to get your hands dirty (for real) and enjoy a chocolate truffle with an afternoon tea or as a treat after dinner. Great for sharing!
Ingredients: (makes 8 balls)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (raw, unsalted)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp water (optional)
- 2-3 tsp AWAKE and/or CALM Powder
- Blend two tbsp coconut and the pitted dates in a small food processor or powerful blender until it’s sticks on the sides and looks coarsely chopped.
- Stop the blender, open it up and scrape the sides and move it back to the center for another round. We are trying to get it really fine and form like a paste.
- Spoon it into a bowl and add the cooking oats, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, raw cacao powder, flaxseed and salt.
- Start kneading it together for several minutes and if it’s a bit too dry to make it into a big sticky ball then add one more tbsp of coconut oil. Kneading with wet hands also helps, and at times it needs another tbsp (or two) water.
- When shaped into one big ball start dividing it into eight portions and roll the balls in the ball of your hand until nice and smooth. Place the ones that are done on a plate.
- Pour the CALM or AWAKE powder on another plate and roll the balls in it.
- When covered with the superfood dust put it on a serving plate and enjoy!
*Store in the fridge, preferably in an airtight container
Arame seaweed is what makes our tea blends unique.Enjoy the health benefits it provides!
Teatis Tea contains 500mg Extracted Arame seaweed in every cup. Seaweed polyphenols are reported to effectively block fat and sugar absorption and lower blood sugar levels in clinical studies. Enjoy perfect golden milk or macha latte with Teatis Tea CALM&AWAKE blend. Vibrant you!